We are thrilled and delighted to announce that the Pathhead Music Collective (PMC) has been awarded the Creative Place Award for communities of under 2,500.
The PMC have been awarded £50,000 to fulfil the following objectives during 2013:
- Enhance, develop and increase the community and education strand of the work that the PMC already does in the local area (activities we currently run include The Pathhead Choir, The Pathhead Fiddlers, community band Kaboodle, The Wee Song House, PMC Scholarship Fund for young musicians, one-to-one music tuition, children’s holiday music workshops, weekend adult music workshops, fund-raising concerts and family ceilidhs).
- Increase the number of concerts we run in the area and also run three one-day specialist and general music festivals.
- Enable PMC members to collaborate on creating new music.
- Provide administrative and marketing support for all the PMC activities, and initiate fund-raising to enable the PMC activities to be sustainable in the future.
- To help Pathhead grow into an internationally recognised centre of musical excellence fully engaged with our rural community.
We look forward to announcing a full list of activities for 2013 in the spring. Our thanks go to Creative Scotland, The National Lottery and The Herald for making this award possible.
We are also very much looking forward to working with our local businesses and community organisations including the Pathhead and District Community Association, Pathhead Youth Project and Tynewater Community Development Project to name but a few.
The Pathhead Music Collective members are Jenny Gardner, Inge Thomson, Martin Green, Karine Polwart, Mattie Foulds, Nigel Richard, Sophie Bancroft, Tom Lyne, Andy Stentiford, Althea Stentiford, Amy Geddes, Corrina Hewat, Dave Milligan, Tom Bancroft and Gina Rae.